Central Bank of the Republic of Armenia
Description of obverse and reverse
Obverse: fragments of the images of the Armenian College and Philanthropic Academy building and the Armenian Holy Church of Nazareth in Kolkata (India).
Reverse: the logo of the Armenian College.
A brief annotation
The Armenian College and Philanthropic Academy (ACPA) was established in 1821 in Kolkata in the vicinity of the Armenian Holy Church of Nazareth, at the initiative of the philanthropists A. Muradkhanian and M. Vardanian from Jugha. Over the years, Galutsian Armenian School and Davidian Girls’ School joined the ACPA, and a boarding faculty unit was set up. A printing house and a library had been functioning in the ACPA, which had the largest collection of Armenian books and manuscripts of the time.
The ACPA’s educational programs are drawn up in such a way that the graduates receive the opportunity to enter educational institutions of India. In the course of 200 years of functioning, the ACPA has educated thousands of Armenian children from Iran, Iraq, Myanmar, India and Armenia.
Что бы проголосовать вы должны авторизоватся